We are looking for Councillors. If you wish to become a councillor please email .
We are welcoming of all walks of life. Do you feel you have the skills that could be used productively and proactively within our council?
Responsible to: The Council and its electors.
Responsible for: Effective leadership to foster the interests of the electors and Parish
Role Purpose to: Bring local issues to the attention of the council, help it make decisions
on behalf of the local community and represent the views of
parishioners within and outside the Parish.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To represent effectively the interests of the whole parish by listening to views from
2. To improve the quality of life for those that live, work or visit the area
3. To participate fully in the formation and scrutiny of the Community Council’s policies,
strategic plans, budgets and service delivery
4. To ensure that the Community Council is properly managed
5. To prepare for, attend and participate in Community Council meetings, decision
making and abide by corporate decisions
6. To undertakes appropriate training and development to help fulfil the requirements of
the councillor role
7. To keep up to date with significant developments affecting the Community Council at
local, regional and national levels
8. To represent the Community Council on outside bodies to which the Councillor is
appointed and report back activities
9. To maintain proper standards of behaviour and comply with the Council’s code of
10.To deal with resident’s enquiries and representations fairly and without prejudice
Skills needed by a Councillor:
• Making decisions.
• Exploring and expanding ideas.
• Interpreting information.
• Having ideas.
• Visualising what might happen.
• Using imagination.
• Understanding budgets and financial paperwork.
• Keeping going skills.
• Encouraging yourself and others.
• Dealing with conflict.
• Drawing conclusions.
• Seeing the bigger picture.
• Assessing objectively.
• Measuring and comparing results.
• Public speaking.
• Persuading and motivating.
• IT skills.